1) We believe God is the loving ruler of the world. He made the world and he made humans to look after the world in accordance with His instructions. Rev.4:11
2) But sadly, we all reject the Ruler God and we try to run life our own way without Him. We make ourselves king. But we fail to rule ourselves or society or the world. Rom.3:10-12
3) However, God won’t let us rebel against Him forever. God’s punishment for rebellion is death and final judgment. Heb.9:27
Now that may seem hard…
4) But because of His love for us, God sent His Son into the world: the man Jesus Christ. Jesus always lived under God’s rule. So by dying in our place on the cross he took our punishment and brought us forgiveness. 1Pet.3:18
But that’s not all.
5) God raised Jesus to life again as the new ruler of the world. This means Jesus has conquered death, now gives new life and will return to judge the world. 1Pet.1:3
6) So there are now two ways to live:
Reject the Ruler – God
Try to run life our own way
|GOD’S NEW WAY:
Submit to Jesus as our Ruler
Rely on Jesus’ death & resurrection
Which of these best represents the way you want to live?
Come to one1seven church and learn how to live God’s way, trusting in Jesus and following him.
Used with permission: 2W2L Matthias Media, 1989
4pm Sunday Cnr Collins St & Victoria St Green Square Redfern Campus